Welcome Summer Unwelcome Mosquitoes
The time of year has arrived where mosquitoes can be a real nuisance, but there are steps you can take to minimise the risk of being bitten.
Mosquitoes top the list of summer pest concerns according o recent research.
Although mosquitoes will inevitably continue to put a stinger into summer fun this year, Attack Pest Control offers solutions for homeowners on how to keep these backyard biters at bay.
Not only are mosquitoes a summer nuisance pest, they have also been known to be a major health threat to the public as they can carry West Nile Virus and Malaria.
Attack Pest Control offers the following tips for homeowners seeking relief from mosquitoes this summer season:
- To avoid mosquito nesting and breeding sites, eliminate standing water and other sources of moisture in or around the home in flowerpots, water dishes, birdbaths, swimming pool covers, barrels, and other objects that can collect water.
- Keep rubbish bins covered and sealed.
- When dining outside, keep food covered until ready to eat.
- Keep windows and doors properly screened to keep mosquitoes outside.
- Be alert when outdoors during dawn, dusk and early evening hours when mosquito-biting activity peaks.
- If approached by a mosquito or any stinging insect, remain calm and quiet. Avoid swaying or swinging, as this may provoke an attack.
- Avoid wearing dark colors and floral prints, loose-fitting garments, open-toe shoes and sweet-smelling perfumes or colognes.
- Plan ahead for spending time outdoors and wear mosquito repellant.
Of course an effective mosquito control solution is also available by Attack Pest Control.